May 4, 2016
Mixed Fruit or Apples
We at GFW High School are a Respectful, Responsible, learning community, dedicated to a Safe and Positive environment for all individuals.
1. Must be signed up for Prom with tickets bought by the end of the day on Wednesday, May 4. Forms to bring a guest must be completed and handed in by the end of the day on Wednesday, May 4. Sign up yourself and your prom guest for after prom party. Sign up if you are going to prom and the party. Sign up if you are going to just the party. Sign up by the end of the day on Wednesday, May 4.
2. Graduation announcements, Grand March student and spectator tickets for Prom are available in the office.
3. SUMMER CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS!! If you live in Renville County and would like to attend a camp this summer and you are 16 or younger, there are scholarships available! Camps need to be accredited through the American Camping Association (www.accamps.org). Go to (www.pactfor families.org) for the Scholarship application. Scholarships are on a "first come basis", so apply today! See Mrs. Frank if you need help!
4. The Blood Drive is today. Make sure to sign up in your homeroom or in the office. If you have any questions see Ms. Bakke.
5. Students-Check out the summer CIRC offerings! There are a variety of classes offered to high school students from GFW and surrounding area schools including Cedar Mountain, New Ulm, Redwood, Sleepy Eye and St. James. The cost is free and registration is due by May 16. High school students may paticipate in a Murder Mystery Summer Theater, Ceramics, Achimedes meets Art, and ultimate US history road trip.
6. There are many summer camps available-some with little or no cost! Get out there and sign up! We work hard to keep an updated list of camps and opportunities for you! Here is the link http://www.gfw.k12.mn.us/page/3310/table/672. The list is found under the high school tab (named Camps and Enrichment Opportunities). Talk to Mrs. Frank if you have Questions!
7. Sophomores: The PSAT test will be offered here at GFW next school year (October 19th) This is a nationwide, multiple-choice test taken by about 3 to 4 million high school students every year. It is a great primer for the SAT and the ACT (which students usually take in the Spring of their Junior year). The PSAT includes math, critical reading and writing questions. There is a $15 fee to take the exam. Exams are ordered in June, so if you would like to participate in this exam next year, please sign up in the Career Center/Library and bring a $15 check made out to GFW Public School (put "PSAT" in the memo line). If you would like to find out more about this assessment you can go to http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/about.html?navid=bf-psat. If you have further questions just ask Mrs. Frank!:
8. Sophomores will take the MAP math tests on Wednesday.
9. Student Council applications for next year are located in the office. Interested applicants must turn in their forms by Homeroom on Friday, May 6.
10. The Accuplacer test will be given on Thursday, May 19 at 8:30 a.m. Please sign up for this in the library. Anyone planning to attend a 2-year college should take this test.
11. SENIORS; CHECK YOUR EMAIL. THERE IS A NEW SCHOLARSHIP WORTH $865 DUE MAY 12TH.
At GFW we practice TBird Traits, we are Respectful, Responsible, Positive and Safe.