March 10, 2014
Hot Dog/Whole Grain Bun
Mandarin Oranges or Red Grapes
1. Seniors: Senior pictures and baby pictures should be given to Mr. Robinson by March 28th or give to Jenna Borth or Stephanie Stoll.
2. Minnesota American Legion Boys State is a week-long experience of learning about Minn. government at the local, county and state level by "doing". Minn. Boys State is a program for young men who have just completed their junior year of high school. If interested go to www.mnboyssstate.org. and check it out. Our American Legion clubs are willing to sponsor an 11th grade boy who is interested in Boy's State. If interested in being a delegate, let Mrs. Gatton know.
3. SUMMER CAMPS: If you want to do something fun and educationally beneficial this summer why not entertain the thought of a summer camp. There are many offered throughout the state and, if you qualify for free or reduced lunch many of these camps are paid for (even camps that cost $1,000+)!! They are held on college campus' all over and they vary in topics (Math, Science, Technology, Humanities, Arts and much much more)! Please talk to Mrs. Frank if your are interested in seeing what is out there!
4. If you plan to attend a two year college or PSEO next year, you will need to take the Accuplacer test. The Accuplace will be given on Friday, Match 14th (early dismiss day) at 12:30 -after school is let out. Sign up in the library for this test. Bus transportation will NOT BE PROVIDED.
5. The Ben and Verna Carson scholarship application which is open to all GFW seniors, must be postmaked by April 1st. Pick up an application from Mrs. Gatton or download it from the scholarship website.
6. GFW girls and boys basketball pot-luck banquet Monday, March 17 at 6:30 p.m. Please bring the following: Varsity players-Main Dish, "B" Squad-Main Dish, Salad, or Dessert, "C"Squad & Coaches-Salad or Dessert.
GFW will provide beverages, plates, forks, cups, etc.
7. Sophomores who are interested in a leadership weekend at the University of Northwestern (St. Paul): The MN MILe (Motivating and Inspiring Leadership and Excellence) is a summer leadership seminar (Friday, June 20 through Sunday, June 22. One sophomore is chosen from each school in the state to attend (there is no cost for these students). If you think this sounds like an experence you'd like to have, please speak with Mrs. Frank by March 12.