April 24, 2014
1. Students who are applying to be in NHS-your application needs to be handed in to Ms. Bakke by 3:00 on Thursday. Any questions, see Ms. Bakke.
2. Student Council Executive Board Elelections will be Tuesday, April 29. Forms will be available in the office on Thursday, April 10 and must be completed by Thursday, April 24. President, VP, and Secretary/Treasurer run as one ticket. The president elect must be a senior, the VP elect and Sec/Treas. can be a sophomore, junior or senior in the year that they serve. Campaigning begins on Friday, April 25. Candidates will address te school over the PA on Monday, April 28. Student Council class representative elections will be Thursday, May 8. Forms are available in the office and must be returned by Friday, May 2nd.
3. The STLF (Students Today Leaders Forever) Pay It Forward trips has been set for June 10-14. Destination will be Chicago, Il. This is a multi-city community service and leadership opportunity and wll include college visits as well. The first 10 stdents to register and pay will receive the discounted price on only $50. If interested, please see Ms. Frank to get more information and registration instructions.. For any student interested, there will be a short informational meeting in the H.S. library after school on Thursday, April 24. Remember the deadline for registration is May 23 and the first 10 students pay only $50.00.
4. Any students in need of classroom instruction, there will be a class offered this summer in late July. You can pick up a registration form in the office and either mail it to Mr. Schreiner or return the completed for to someone in the H.S. office.
5. Sign up in the library for the Accuplacer test, which will be given on Wednesday, May 21 at 8:30 a.m. in the English computer lab (Rm. 206).