Friday, September 30, 2016
We at GFW High School are a Respectful, Responsible, learning community, dedicated to a Safe and Positive environment for all individuals.
1. Camp Oz; Camp Oz is a grief camp for children and teens, ages 6 to 18, that have experienced the death of someone in their life. It is a day long camp and is offered free of charge. This year it will be held on October 1st (on the shore of Lake Washington). This camp is hosted by Mayo Clinic Health Systems of Mankato. Please see Mrs. Frank for more detailed information.
2. Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors, the Dollar for Scholars Phone-a-Thon is scheduled for Saturday, October 1st from 9 am to 6 pm at the Winthrop City Hall. Volunteers are needed to help with the calling for donations. Shifts are flexible. We will work with what works for you. Work this event and help earn points for your scholarship applications. Food and drinks will be provided. Sign up sheet is posted in the Main Office. Sign up by Friday, September 30, 2016.
3. Today we will have shortened schedules. There will be no homeroom, will have hours 5,6,7,4 then early dismissal.
4. School pictures will be taken on October 10, 2016.
5. On Wednesday, October 5th, we will begin Sustained Silent Reading. We will follow an SSR schedule every Wednesday, begin with hour 1, hour 2, hour 3, after hour 3 report to homeroom with reading material. The entire school reads for 20 minutes. We do this every Wednesday.
6. Thank you student council for organizing and working during the activities yesterday afternoon. Our students had a lot of fun working and playing together in homerooms while engaging in healthy competitions with everyone else. Thank you students and staff as well for making yesterday a positive experience for everyone.
7. Congratulations to Jennifer Palmer for 1,000 set assists in volleyball.
8. Theater try outs for acting in the fall play will begin next week. Please pick up applications for actors and crew. Audition packets for the actors are available outside Ms. O'Neill's door.
At GFW we practice TBird Traits, we are Respectful, Responsible, Positive and Safe.