Friday, February 17, 2016
We at GFW High School are a Respectful, Responsible, learning community, dedicated to a Safe and Positive environment for all individuals.
Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
1. The Winter Formal Dance will be tomorrow night.
The Dance will begin at 7:30 and end at 11pm. Cost is $2.00 Students should come in by the auditorium or the gym door by the parking lot. Doors will be locked at 8:00 pm. Guys dress up in a nice shirt and pants. Girls wear a nicer dress.
2. There will be a Financial Aid (FAFSA) Event at Ridgewater Hutchinson: Tuesday, February 28th from 12:30 - 2:30 pm.
Come when you can, leave when done. Contact Delina at or 320-222-7477.
3. This is a reminder that Driver Education classroom instruction begins on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017. It will be held at the High School in the Health room #207. Class begins at 3:15 and ends at 5:40 each day. Students ride the sports bus to their home communities after the class. Information about payment and registration will take place the first day of class. Please bring a folder and pen or pencil to class. If you have any questions or haven't emailed Mr. Schreiner that you will be taking the class please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I know that you are taking the class. I need that info to line up books and materials. Thanks.
4. Parents and Community members are needed to review scholarship applications. This would involve reading approximately 25 applications over 1 month's time and ranking them. If you are interested in this opportunity, please email Jo. at
5. A couple of scholarships due soon are:
Margaret Evans Huntington-- due 2/27 - (for women only) - this is a local scholarship - girls should apply.
MN School Counselors Association-- due 3/1 - this is an easy $1000 scholarship, write a 500 word essay on how Mrs. Frank has helped you with career exploration, social emotional development or educational planning.
6. There will be no school on Monday, February 20th.
7. FFA Week is Feb. 21 - 24th. Dress up days are:
Tuesday- Blue & Gold Day
Wednesday- Animal Day
Thursday- Camo Day
Friday- Farmer Day & Barnyard
8. Track Team Members-- Mr. Rogotzke has the "learn by doing" track forms for the one day clinic at Gustavus on March 5th. Stop in and pick one up if it works for you to attend.
9. Students please check your emails for additional registration information.
At GFW we practice TBird Traits, we are Respectful, Responsible, Positive and Safe.