Employment Opportunities (Updated March 16th, 2018)
GFW ISD 2365: Business Manager/Accounts Payable Position
Date Posted: 03/16/2018
Date Needed: May 2018
Type of Position: Full-Time
GFW ISD 2365 is seeking applicants for a full-time Business Manager/Accounts Payable to manage the school
district’s financial and business operations and accounting in cooperation with and under the direction of the
superintendent. A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with 3-5 years prior related work experience in a
public/school setting is preferred. The successful candidate will have knowledge of governmental accounting
standards, familiarity with fund accounting, Uniform Financial Accounting and Reporting System (UFARS) and
experience working with procurement and inventory of assets.
Finance and Budget:
● Responsible for the development, revision, and implementation of the annual revenue and
expenditure budget, in cooperation with the superintendent
● Prepare documents for the annual levy certification process
● Receipt funds in all district accounts and maintain records reflecting account balances
● Monitor cash requirements and request the transfer of funds as necessary to cover general
disbursements, payroll, debt service, and other payments
● Process monthly accounts payable, prepare reports, and maintain filing system
● Verify and monitor grant revenues and expenditures, using EDRS, SERVS, ELSA and other
state software to secure funds and assure program compliance
● Oversee the generation of the Treasurer’s Report and monthly bank reconciliation report
● Education or training in accounting. Minimum of three years experience in accounts payable
● A combination of education and experience may be considered
● Experience using complex databases, Excel spreadsheets
● Experience using purchase card programs preferred
● Experience using an electronic scanning system preferred
● Excellent attention to detail, well organized
● Ability to work independently
● Good oral and written communications skills
● Attend school board meetings with financial report.
● Submit Food Service reimbursement claims and attend required training
● Perform other assignments and responsibilities as determined by the superintendent
● Employee is responsible to be knowledgeable about all district policy.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and benefits will be based on qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should apply at www.gfw.k12.mn.us
Attach a letter of application, resume, three (3) current letters of recommendation, college transcripts and any other supporting documents. This position is 'Open Until Filled', but the first round of applications will be looked at on March 29th, 2018.